When you’re about to attend a holiday meal, you might feel super excited if you’ve recently received Zoom! Whitening with our practice. Finally, you did it: You whitened up that smile of yours and you’re going to feel like a million bucks at family get-togethers. However, now that you think about it, you wonder if you’ll actually be able to enjoy the meal part of the gathering. Or if, perhaps, you shouldn’t eat at all, since you don’t want to diminish the vibrancy of your grin! Not to worry. You have a couple options.
#1: The Realistic Approach
The first approach that we like to suggest for patients who have received Zoom! Whitening and would like to indulge in a holiday dinner includes a realistic perspective:
- You can eat whatever you’d like, provided you sip water after you eat or drink something staining.
- When you’re done eating, rinse with plenty of water, so you pre-cleanse your smile.
- Set a timer or watch a clock for 30 minutes after you rinse.
- When the time is up, brush your teeth. This will ensure pigmented particles are removed and your whitened teeth keep looking lovely.
#2: The Strict Approach
Over time, you will probably not feel so worried about your recently brightened smile. However, for now, we understand your desire to protect your Zoom! Whitening results. Here are our thoughts:
- Completely avoid foods and beverages that are staining (anything that might be deeply colored or brightly pigmented).
- Cut your food up and eat small pieces with a fork and knife.
- Sip drinks through a straw (though you should only drink water or milk).
- Avoid white wine, too, which can potentially lead to acid erosion and stains.
- Rinse and brush after snacks or meals.
Protect Your Whitened Teeth This Holiday
Need some tips for protecting your whitened smile during your holiday meals? To schedule a visit for in Lake Orion, MI, call Lake Orion Family Dentistry today at 248-693-6213.